[TYPO3-50-general] PDF version of FLOW3 reference

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Mon Feb 23 14:33:39 CET 2009

Hi Peter,

On 23.02.2009 9:03 Uhr, Peter Beernink wrote:
> I can only confirm the great results. Especially the coloured highlighting
> looks great.

Glad you like it!

I just uploaded another update to the forge issue:
  ----
I tweaked a little more, now using the FreeMono font for code, as it has
a glyph for the ↩ I used for wrapping too long lines in code listings. I
also added Share Bold, so that headings now use the font they should
(previously there was a warning and the bold was substituted with the
regular variant).

There is something flaky with the font handling, as sometimes Preview on
the Mac display the headings wrong (a box per character), this
disappears after reopening a few times and works fine in Adobe Reader.
Using fop 0.95 seems to help...

For the attached PDF I used locally tuned XML in which I mostly fixed
language attributes for the listings (quite some YAML was declared as
PHP) and wrapped too long lines in code listings. Doing this manually is
the best method for now, as it a) works and b) gives most control.
  ----

Aside from the font issue I'd say this can serve as production-ready for
now. :)

Regards,
Karsten