[TYPO3-50-general] Release timeline question

Mathias Bolt Lesniak, liliO Design mathias at lilio.com
Wed Sep 24 12:33:56 CEST 2008

Hi!

Soon two weeks ago, I sent this question to Robert Lemke, but I have
not gotten any response. Thus I am trying this list, though I am not
sure the core group would like to publish the answer here.

The question is based on this paragraph in the "TYPO3 v5 project
report: August 2008":
"It's not clear yet when we'll really have a first official release of
FLOW3, but in terms of features and stability we now reach a point
which lets us realistically think about first pilot projects based on
FLOW3."

We are currently scoping a large project, and we are wondering about
using FLOW3, as it meets all of our requirements. I think we could
offer at lot to FLOW3 too. But to be able to securely go for FLOW3 we
need to know the timeline for the final FLOW3 release. I know "It's
not clear yet" and it may be a bit cheeky, but I am asking for it
anyway: What does it look like? Next month, December, March '09, June
'09...?

How would the timeline change if we e.g. funded two extra programmers
to work on FLOW3 fulltime (let's stay starting a month from now)?

PS! With FLOW3 I mean the framework, not the final Typo3 v5.

I hope someone can answer this question as soon as possible. :-)

Best wishes

Mathias Bolt Lesniak
LiliO Design - www.lilio.com
mathias at lilio.com