[Flow] !!! Breaking changes in Security Framework !!!

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu Nov 13 13:38:49 CET 2014

Hi all,

after months of work we finally submitted a major rework of the Security
Framework to Flow and related core packages.
Those changes are the foundation for the ACL-feature that we plan to
release with Neos 1.3.

We tried hard to minimize the impact, but there are some breaking
changes that will most probably affect 3rd party packages.

If you really dare to work with git master, make sure to update all
packages, run the migrate commands and observe their output:

  ./flow core:migrate
  ./flow doctrine:migrate

The commands should adjust your packages to the changes, but there might
be edge-cases that we didn't cover yet.. Please report back if you have
any issues upgrading to latest master.

If you want bleeding edge but don't want to risk too much, you can also
checkout the "2.3"-branch of Flow that has been created recently and
won't contain the ACL changes until they matured a bit.

For further information have a look at the main commit[1] and the
"authorization" section of the latest security documenation[2].

[1] https://review.typo3.org/28869
[2]
http://docs.typo3.org/flow/TYPO3FlowDocumentation/latest/TheDefinitiveGuide/PartIII/Security.html#authorization

BTW: I post this on behalf of the whole Neos team, there were many
people involved

--
Bastian Waidelich