[FLOW3-general] Timeline for TYPO3 Flow 2.0

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Dec 4 11:50:05 CET 2012

Hi Johannes,

On 03.12.2012, at 21:53, Johannes Steu <typo at motiv-sport.de> wrote:

> When i was developing some time ago with FLOW3 i was coding something like image-database.
> Some Newspaper will get access to it to so they can download images. This will be a lot of files, like 700-1000 Images per Week.
>
> I used the Media package and created thumbs on the fly. But if the Images aren't linked to any Object or something they still remain in the file system.
> If i remember correct (sry it's been a while) the images are handled with resource-pointer or something like that and i couldn't delete those files
> on my own.
> Back in the days i read in IRC about plans to implement a Garbage Collector so unused files will be deleted. That's what i'm looking for.
> If i generate Ressources and they aren't used any longer i'd like to delete them.

sorry – as Karsten already wrote, this feature won't make it into 2.0. But if you're interested and the budget of your project allows for it, you can certainly ask a core dev to shift priorities and implement it to your needs. Personally, I'd be working on resource management in January anyway ;-)

Cheers,
Robert

--
Robert Lemke
Lead Developer TYPO3 Neos and TYPO3 Flow

Blog: robertlemke.com/blog
Get involved: typo3.org – flow.typo3.org – neos.typo3.org